"List 15 books you've read that will always stick with you -- The first 15 you can recall in 15 minutes."
Well, I'm not sure about 15 minutes. I started making the list while flipping between reruns of Stargate SG-1 and Top Chef Masters, but perhaps I spent less that 15 minutes actually composing the list. Then I looked up a couple of authors. Also I write long, so I've "extended" the list a little bit. (grin) Couldn't possibly not add the last one when I thought of it. (double-grin) These are all titles I read and re-read growing up.
1. Dune / Frank Herbert.
2. 2001: A Space Odyssey / Arthur C. Clarke
2a. The Lost Worlds of 2001 / Arthur C. Clarke
3. Marooned / Martin Caidin
3a. FYI: Marooned (1964) / Martin Caidin just acquired
4. Almost Midnight / Martin Caidin
5. Andromeda Strain / Michael Crichton
6. Lord of the Rings / J.R.R. Tolkein
7. The Mysterious Island / Jules Verne
8. Have Space Suit, Will Travel / Robert Heinlein
9. Gateway / Frederick Pohl
10. Janissaries / Jerry Pournelle
11. Time Enough for Love / Robert Heinlein
12. A Wrinkle in Time / Madeline L'Engle
13. Congo / Michael Crichton
14. Ringworld / Larry Niven
15. Star Surgeon / James White
16. The Wonderful Flight to the Mushroom Planet / Eleanor Cameron